The National Construction Code (NCC) 2022 is an important document that sets the standards for construction in Australia. The new edition of the code has come into effect on May 1, 2023, and it is expected to bring significant changes to the industry.
Changes relate to:
- New livable housing requirements for houses, townhouses, and apartments;
- Lead-free plumbing products;
- Early childhood centers;
- Fire safety of external walls;
- Falls for floor wastes;
- Number of exits;
- Water efficiency
- Sanitary plumbing and drainage pipe sizing
- Heated water temperature delivery
- Drinking water pressure limits.
Overall, the NCC 2022 represents an important update to Australia’s building code. It reflects the latest advancements in building technology and practices and is aimed at improving the sustainability, accessibility, and safety of buildings throughout the country. Building professionals will need to familiarize themselves with the new requirements to ensure that they are able to design and construct buildings that meet these standards.
If you want to read the NCC 2022 document in detail, you can download the online version here.