What are Children’s Play Equipment Safety Audits?
Children’s Play Equipment Safety Audits assess the condition and compliance of the play equipment against the Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations, and the full list of play equipment related Australian Standards. The audits identify areas of the equipment and playground including surrounds such as fencing, shade, landscaping, that do not comply with the standards or pose safety risk. The audit then recommends suitable control measures to mitigate such risks, and provide guidance as to how to comply with the standards. They enable the owners corporations of strata building to meet their obligations under the Strata Management Act in undertaking their due diligence in providing a safe environment for people to live and work.
Why are Safety Audits Important?
Children’s play equipment have a limited life as exposure to the elements, usage, and vandalism will contribute to deterioration. Play equipment constructed or purchased as little as five years ago may no longer meet the current Australian Standards. Keeping this in mind the refurbishment of such areas should meet the most up-to-date Australian Standards to minimise the main risks of injury that are associated with use of play equipment.
Main risks include:
2. Fall-zones and the adequacy of impact-absorbing surfaces in these areas;
3. Entrapment—spaces and pinch points, particularly those posing risk of entrapment of head, hands and feet
4. Poor functional design (relative to the needs of the users);
5. Poor layout (the location and design of various pieces of equipment with respect to internal walkways)
6. Barriers and the juxtaposition of incompatible activities;
7. Structural failure;
8. Use of second-hand equipment that is clearly defective.
What do Our Reports Include?
- Site inspection
- Equipment identification
- Risk register
- Recommended control measures
- Explanation of owners corporations obligations
- Reference to the Australian Standard against each item registered as a risk
- Experts of the Australian Standards for further information
- Photo review of all items identified and discussed for ease of reference
Why Choose Us?
Archi-QS aim to maintain the interest of the owners corporations and where appropriate, offer cost effective alternatives to achieve compliance/minimise risk and take a common sense approach to such issues.
Furthermore we provide:
- Easy-to-follow reports.
- Competitive fees.
- Almost three decades of strata experience.
- Friendly client service and established and esteemed relationships with strata managers.
- Unobtrusive site inspections that can be undertaken contact free.
How do I Get a Quote?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the strata plans and we will get back to you with our fee proposal. If you are a strata manager, we can email you through a Schedule of Fees for all our strata services.